Learn how Prestige was able to reduce response times on customer issues and complaints by 90%, increase feedback from the market on product releases by 500%, and reduce coordination time by 60% in their 400 person sales team by using Unifize.
How TD Power Systems built a unified communication platform with Unifize
Learn how TD Power Systems was able to start using Unifize for field service and, within a few months, expanded to use it for quality, sales, installation and engineering, ultimately reducing coordination time by up to 4 hours a day for these teams.
About TD Power Systems
TD Power Systems is a publicly traded supplier of large, customized AC generators with an output range of 1MW to 200MW, including steam turbines, hydro turbines, diesel engines, gas and wind turbines.
With a headcount of over 400, the company currently supplies 72 countries from four locations: Germany, India, US and Japan. Its main customers include GE, Siemens, Caterpillar and Andritz.
The company complies with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 along with a variety of other, customer-specific requirements that come up on a project-to-project basis.
At the end of 2018, the company was growing at a steady pace and was on course to achieve almost $100m in revenues. As they scaled, it became increasingly challenging for their head of operations, Vasudev Murthy, to stay on top of his continuous improvement initiatives.
In particular, he was facing numerous problems with his quality, service and installation functions:
- Multiple different, disconnected systems being used to coordinate daily activities and record data. These included SAP, Ramco ERP, Siemens PLM, Excel, along with email and various unofficial chat tools.
- Major challenges ensuring accountability for process outcomes, especially when those processes involved different teams (eg corrective actions, engineering change requests).
- Uncertainty about who needed to do what, when and why on a daily basis, resulting in service requests and quality issues going unattended.
- Considerably management bandwidth needed to stay on top of the various repeatable processes in their quality, service and installation functions.
What made TDPS choose Unifize?
Vasudev Murthy had been in operations for his 40 year career and had a strong background in Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement. He was introduced to Unifize in mid-2019 and was immediately interested by how Unifize was applying lean principles to processes that he previously didn’t think were measurable.
Initially, he experimented with Unifize in his field service and installation team where it quickly transformed how the team formed in real-time around service objectives. He was suddenly able to get visibility into a process that had previously been opaque and hard to manage.
As he investigated further, he realized that Unifize could be used across the organization to solve his entire team’s collaboration problems, particularly for those processes that required dynamic involvement from multiple different departments.
Because Unifize was so quick and easy to deploy, within a few months it was being used for the following functions:
- Service: Service ticketing and complaint resolutions
- Quality: Non-conformances, corrective actions, root cause analysis
- Installation: On-site engineering requirements for new projects
- Sales: Custom quotes, order management and contract review
- Engineering: Change requests
What were the results?
TDPS took a phased approach to implementing Unifize across their organization. In each stage, it took less than an hour to get the team up and running. Ultimately, the results were as follows:
Reduced wasted time by up to 4 hours / day for sales, quality and service teams
Improved productivity from better cross-functional collaboration
Eliminated daily confusion around who needed to do what, when & why
Reduced the number of different systems for certain processes from 5 to 1
Increase visibility into 16 core sales, service and installation activities
Improved compliance by creating traceability for decisions and actions
Learn how LaundryTec was able to start using Unifize within an hour to build visibility and eliminate wasted time and errors in managing their sales, service, and preventive maintenance activities.
Learn how The Will-Burt Company was able to create a culture of continuous improvement and reduce quality process cycle times by 75% in less than 30 days by using Unifize.
Aren't you curious?
Get started now!
Unifize is free for life. No credit card required.